In order to have a productive work environment, it is essential to have happy, healthy employees. This is not to say that it should be all fun and games. Not at all. But a positive work environment leads to higher worker productivity, and higher employee retention.
If the boss is a grinder, and he or she expects the same level of work ethic from their employees, so be it. But the saying “work hard, play hard” should be the motto, not “work hard, work harder”. That results in an unhappy workplace, and employee burnout.
Money isn’t the only thing that attracts and keeps good employees. Take Mark Cuban, for instance, owner of the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks. In the 20 years before Cuban bought the team, the team won only 40% of their games, with a playoff record of 21-32. In the following 10 years, the team won 69% of their games, and reached the playoffs every year but one, eventually winning an NBA title in 2011.
Cuban enjoyed quick success not by outspending the other owners (the salary cap keeps that in check), but by making the environment upbeat and fun, with perks galore. He built a new arena, bought in food after practices and games, and showed each individual player that he truly cared. These million dollar athletes could easily buy their own food, and find their own food, but that wasn’t the point. Cuban’s efforts resulted in players looking forward to going to work. And it spread. As other owners took notice, they began to follow suit, to the point where only a small few NBA teams do not cater to their stars in this way.
Now, you don’t have to have a private plane to make your employees happy. But little things mean a lot. Like bringing in lunches on Fridays; or work happy hours; or theme days; or company field trips; or health fairs and motivational speakers. There are endless ways to make your employees feel appreciated, without breaking the bank.
Workplace Wellness Solutions can provide you with all the tools necessary to make your workplace a healthier, happier, more energized, and more productive environment. We are a full service provider of Wellness Consultation and Health Programs for busy executives and their employees. Learn how to fit proper dietary habits, exercise, and stress reducing meditative practices into your workplace, increasing your employees’ health and productivity. And as an added bonus, a company wellness program can result in lower insurance premiums, fewer sick days lost, better employee morale, and lower employee turnover. In other words, there is no downside!
Our Services include:
- Full workplace evaluation with recommendations on improved wellness practices
- Implementation of fun, healthy team building practices.
- On-site personal trainers, yoga teachers, and meditation specialists.
- Customized Lunch & Learn seminars on topics such as better eating habits, stress management, meditation, increasing energy & productivity, workout efficiency, and more…
- Confidential one-on-one employee health & success coaching, with lifestyle evaluations and recommendations on life and health improvement.
- Confidential Executive Health & Success Coaching for the busy executives with limited time to focus on themselves, but who are looking to improve their health, life, and energy.
- Customized Webinars.
Check out our services at the following links:
For more information, email us at info@CrowderCoaching.com today!